£40,000 – £55,000 DOE
Electrical Design Engineer
Expanding rapidly, our North Worcestershire clients are looking for an experienced or Junior Electrical Design Engineer to join their fast paced team, who operate across the UK with multiple sites across the country.
This is a role is working for a company who truly invest in their employees, and have a strong focus on wellbeing; for example there is weekly yoga, a break out room and ongoing support to assist with career development.
Our client’s pride themselves on their low staff turnover, and exception levels of overall employee satisfaction.
- Overseeing and prepare designs and work plans, from conceptual design through detailed design packages. Primary focus is on the electrical engineering aspect; however, expect involvement in other aspects of the design process.
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practise
- Develop equipment schedules and material takeoffs; prepare requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors. Prepare construction and equipment specifications, including means and methods. Compare bids and recommend the selection of subcontractors and material vendors.
- Being responsible for completing, overseeing, and checking estimates throughout your team and where appropriate the business
- Dealing with enquires and understanding project specifications and requirements
- Being responsible for overseeing and preparing plans for commissioning and check commissioning results against designs and assist with report preparation
- Reviewing, understanding and defining the scope of works for electrical instrumentation, control design and installation
- Managing the estimate of a project, ensure all items are included to the correct client scope in accordance with the project specific contract. Including ensuring that the opening profit margin is in excess of the agreed minimum business % value
- Technical ability demonstrated through relevant degree
- Advanced at using relevant industry software (AMTECH, Dialux, AutoCAD)
- Competency in Leadership & Management demonstrated through ILM Level 5 Award
- Working towards or maintaining Chartered Engineer status
- Competency as a Project Manager demonstrated through APM Project Professionals Qualification, along with ideally an ILM Level 5
- Technical competency demonstrated through relevant MSc
• Competent user of REVIT, CAD MEP and AutoCAD Electrical
For more information please contact Emma Atwal on 01905 783352 or email [email protected]
A company from Ballards LLP Chartered Accountants