Up to £22,000
Four Squared Recruitment are supporting an industry leading, global organisation to recruit a new Finance Assistant on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary, the option of both home and office-based, flexible working hours as well as a generous benefits package.
- Reporting to the Senior Ledger Accountant, provide capable and professional support to the UK Business, delivering to the satisfaction of all stakeholders, in particular internal customers
- Ensuring that the following are processed/reviewed/managed on a timely basis and in accordance with the needs of the business: cashbook transactions and related bank reconciliations, purchase invoices, invoices from external assessors, employee expenses, company credit card expenses, payments to suppliers and other external parties including sending remittances, supporting the credit control function as required, accruals, prepayments, other manual journals
- Maintaining tidy ledgers, managing unallocated cash (and other unusual balances), ledger settlements and helping with other ad hoc tasks such as archiving.
- Helping to ensure consistency of approach across the Ledger Team in terms of coding, processing, timing etc
- Providing cover for other members of the Ledger Team in the event of holiday or unexpected absence within the team.
- Working with the Senior Ledger Accountant to ensure that wherever possible there is at least one member of the Ledger Team able to provide support to the business.
- Working with the Senior Ledger Accountant to ensure that all general e-mails to the Finance department are responded to on a timely basis
- Support the Business Units by ensuring they have access to timely, accurate and relevant financial information
- Support the successful integration of acquired businesses
- Helping to ensure a safe working environment for both physical and mental health.
- Bring a dynamic, driven and motivated approach to the Company
Essential qualifications and experience;
- Relevant experience and good working knowledge of accounting systems
- The ability to deliver to tight timescales and deadlines consistently
- Strong day to day planning and organisational skills
- Dynamism, aptitude for problem solving and teamwork, practicality, reliability, flexibility, and results oriented
- Good communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels
- The ability to engage and influence colleagues to achieve common goals and objectives
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in & you have the experience & knowledge, then please click apply below. If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Alice Dale at Four Squared Recruitment on 01905 783 352.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge all applications. If we do not get back in touch within 2 weeks, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. We will try and let you know about other roles that suit your current skills and experience.