The main function of the role is to handle all of the Group’s finance functions including accounting, financial reporting, financial forecasting and budgeting.
This is both a managerial and hands-on role.
This role reports to Finance Director
- Forecasting, financial planning, cash flow and cash management.
- Monthly management accounts and other reporting, as required.
- Performing / oversight of all regulatory functions, including quarterly VAT return and monthly EC sales list, and similar. Organising and managing financial audits to comply with current legislation both in UK and overseas
- Management of daily accounts routines, journals, bank transactions, prepayments, accruals, maintenance of fixed asset register, timely and controlled supplier payments, reconciliations.
- Some oversight of commercial arrangements, particularly legal and contractual aspects.
- Line management of accounts and office administration staff.
- Support senior managers on finance, HR and commercial related matters
- Oversee and take responsibility for credit control.
- Payroll, pensions and HR administration, UK and Overseas
- Liaison with the Company’s external accountants, to plan and complete year-ends, tax planning, calculations and returns.
- Liaison with the Company’s bankers in UK and Overseas
- Managing the Company’s insurances.
- Ensuring Companies House records or overseas equivalent are kept up to date.
- Involvement in systems / IT development & improvement.
- Any other reasonable duties required to support the company in meeting its objectives
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent proficiency in with Excel and accounting software packages.
- Structured, organised individual; someone with good all-round finance and business experience.
- First class communications skills.
- Strategist with long range vision, but also comfortable with hands-on.
- Ability to work within a small, flexible and dynamic team
- Articulate, numerate
- Be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical international audiences
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Eagerness to learn
- Energy, flexibility, enthusiasm, persistence and commitment.
- The motivation to succeed and make a difference whilst performing in a pressured environment
- Sage 50
- Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Line management skills
- Business Law appreciation particularly commercial contracts and HR-related
- International Trade
- Previous experience in a similar role and similar industry
Hours are nominally 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Occasional UK and International Travel may be required
For more information please contact Kat Patterson-Browne on 01905 783352 or email [email protected]
A company from Ballards group