Company Overview: A dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, backed by private equity, is seeking a dedicated Group Accountant to join their team at their Gloucester-based support centre. This organisation is on an exciting growth trajectory, with ambitious plans to double in size over the next five years. This growth not only reflects their commitment to providing exceptional care and support but also presents an opportunity for their employees to grow and advance their careers within the company.
- Prepare management information for the organisation and management accounts, including insightful commentaries and working papers for their group holding/HQ entities.
- Supervise the purchase ledger and credit control functions, providing leadership to a team of two staff members.
- Collaborate with the CFO, Group FC, and the broader business, offering support and insights to aid decision-making and drive performance improvements, including participation in monthly business reviews.
- Assist in improving their IT and reporting systems, focusing on efficiency, management information development, and ERP system enhancement.
- Oversee critical balance sheet accounts and reconciliations for the group.
- Contribute to the annual budget preparation for designated entities and support the overall company budget process, with periodic reforecasting.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the finance function as a senior member of the finance team.
- Provide ad-hoc financial information for central and operational areas of the business.
- Support the Group FC in annual audit and financial compliance matters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, or ICAEW) with post-qualification experience in either practice or industry.
- Previous experience in team leadership and supervision would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in producing management accounts and other financial information and schedules. Experience with multi-entity/group structures is advantageous.
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in relevant software packages such as Excel and ERP systems. Willingness to familiarise with their existing MI systems.
- A high level of commercial awareness, particularly suitable for a growing business, with knowledge or experience in private equity considered a plus.
- Proactive approach with the ability to identify areas for role development and process improvement.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Career growth opportunities within both the role and the evolving finance team, in line with our dynamic growth plans
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on their business
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements to promote work-life balance
This organisation’s partnership with private equity provides a solid foundation for their growth strategy, and it creates a clear pathway for career progression and professional development for this role. If you are a qualified accountant with a passion for driving financial excellence and have experience in both leadership and financial analysis, we encourage you to apply.
For a detailed discussion on this client and opportunity please get in contact with Paterson-Browne at Four Squared Recruitment, alternatively please send your CV and a covering letter.
For more information please contact Kat Patterson-Browne on 01905 783352 or email [email protected]
A company from Ballards group