Permanent- 14 Month FTC
Senior HR Advisor
14 month FTC until October 2023
Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5pm
Four Squared Recruitment are supporting an award winning FMCG business in Oxford that are looking for a Senior HR Advisor to join their team in Thame.
This is a generalist role and will be apart of the wider HR team which consists of a Director of HR, HR Advisor, HR Administrator and a L&D Manager.
- To provide professional HR advice and support in relation to absence and health matters, conduct and capability, TUPE, grievance matters, employee relations and structural change.
- Analyse weekly and monthly HR KPI’s taking appropriate action and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Supervise and guide the HR Advisor and HR Administrator in their day to day duties to achieve weekly or monthly deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide line managers and area managers through employee relations cases, intervening and steering in the appropriate direction taking into account company policies, employment law and best practice.
- Management of all case files relating to disciplinary, grievance, and long term absence, eligibility to work in the UK and parental leave management to include administration support for line managers.
- Liaising with occupational specialists where support is required. Responsible for the production of monthly HR KPI report to all line managers and senior managers.
- Support line managers with effective and efficient performance of their employees, facilitating appropriate interventions through the performance appraisal process.
- Responsible for the TUPE process of new contracts and departing contracts to ensure compliance to TUPE legislation. Maintaining accurate records of due diligence, challenging current terms where required with an objective viewpoint.
- Prepare and issue contractual documentation for management new starters, including terminations and variations of employment.
- Oversee the accuracy and maintenance of the iTrent HR system reporting process, making recommendations to IT Manager or Director HR where required.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of HR systems, practices, and policies within the company, ensuring they underpin the company culture.
- In conjunction with L&D Manager, write, support and deliver in-house training workshops on HR related areas.
- Lead where appropriate on HR projects and activities.
- Engage in promoting and ‘living’ the Five Fundamentals of the company.
- Adhere to all company rules, regulations, policies, procedures • As and when required, carry out reasonable additional tasks requested by the company
- When in an education site, compliance with statutory and company safeguarding regulations
- High level of integrity
- Organised and able to prioritise work in a busy environment
- Self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic
- Team player/ commitment to team objectives
- Diligent and analytical
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Able to communicate both verbally and written in a professional manner
- Flexible, able to travel
Education and Qualifications
- Basic understanding and knowledge of UK employment law
- Member of CIPD
- Demonstrable record of success in previous roles
- Knowledge of MS Office based systems and programmes
- Satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure or security clearance and cleared bared list check essential
For more information please contact Hannah Miller on 01905 783352 or email [email protected]