Salary – £35,000
Four Squared recruitment is representing a prominent client within the manufacturing sector who are looking for an experienced Buyer.
The Electronics Buyer position reports directly into the Purchasing manager, operating within a team of 4 covering all procurement processes for the organisation.
As part of a small team, the business requires an experienced electronics buyer to bring professionalism and critical thinking to the Purchasing department. A critical part of our client’s growth strategy will be focused on the ability of the department to evolve the existing supply chain.
The individual is expected to be confident in buying for all areas but will specifically need to be familiar and confident with the electronic components market. Plastic injection moulding and metal work processing would also be advantageous.
The business is becoming increasingly data driven and requires an individual who can use data to drive solutions and innovation.
The individual will be expected to work with many stakeholders including Production, Stores, Engineering and Project Management to achieve the best business outcomes.
- Hold existing suppliers to account on cost and delivery, escalate when needed.
- Facilitate supplier negotiations and control BoM costs.
- Plan and schedule via MRP Exception Messages
- Manage Purchasing Master Data for the Commodity to ensure price and lead times are accurately maintained.
- Create new part Request for Quotations (RFQ’s).
- Ensure Purchase Orders (External and Intercompany) are placed in a timely manner to achieve requested date and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Manage Purchase and Invoice Price Variance reports (PPV) for commodity.
- Vendor Expediting to maintain accurate delivery information.
- Resolve Supplier Quality Notifications
- Regular liaison with suppliers, stores and internal teams
- Assist with the development of BoM’s and standardised product range.
- Strategically source and establish new suppliers where appropriate.
- Develop make vs buy analysis studies based on future demand.
- Create schedules and communicate lead times to the wider business
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated in any subject preferred.
- Postgrad or professional qualification advantageous e.g., CIPS
- Proven track record of being accountable across a variety of roles within Procurement.
- Experience of sourcing electronic components.
- Experience of sourcing metalwork fabrications advantageous.
- Developing supply chains across 000’s of part numbers
- Holistic ownership of SRM and associated processes
- Experience of ERP/MRP and working within a system
- High level of Excel competency
- Good communication skills
- Bonus scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 1 additional day is accrued from 5 years’ service onwards up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Death benefit scheme 2 x annual salary.
- Salary exchange.
- Long service awards for 10,20 & 25 years (£50, £150 & £500).
- Birthday card and voucher and Christmas gift for all employees.
- Pay Care – optional extra, monthly contribution for additional products and services.
- Unum Employee Assistance Programme and on-site trained mental health first aiders.
- Halma Share Incentive Plan.
- Regular company social events – summer & Christmas parties and seasonal celebrations.
For more information please contact Danielle Hope on 01905 783352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A company from Ballards group